Monday, January 8, 2007

Iyo Ndzimu wangu! (Oh, my God!)

I am leaving for South Africa tomorrow to do Theater in Jo'burg and Cape Town. I'll be there for a month and I am the only non-American in the group. The questions I am getting are ridiculous!! Wish me luck.

"Oh, Donald, like since you're half South-African and you've been there before, like, should I take my digital camera with me 'cause I might get robbed, you know, like the black people might still be angry about apartheid and all..."

"Like, do they see a lot of Americans down there? 'Cause I mean if they do, they've probably heard we're coming and they're expecting gifts. Like, we can't give them much, we're college students...I mean, charity is what the US is known for..."

Iyo Ndzimu wangu!!

Yeah sure, my pet elephant has already run up to the top of Kilimanjaro to send smoke signals to the entire continent to say you saviors are coming.

No comments: