Monday, January 29, 2007

Thoughts...


The experience of being back to Jo'burg and Cape Town to do Theater has been a wonderful one. Ga a bo motho go thebe phatshwa (There is no place like home). The heat here is scorching, I am talking 40 degrees celsius. So yeah, in a nutshell the snow that awaits me in Massachusetts will be a shock to the system.

I just finished a book on one of my beloved African politicians - Patrice Lumumba and I will post a review of the book soon...

More and more I feel that Pan-Africanism was/is an ideal that was used to restore dignity to Africans, and people of African descent after colonialism and to intimidate the colonial master. I feel as though some of its promoters such as my beloved Mr. Lumumba may have known that it was not feasible but still preached it for the above-mentioned reasons...

Take care everyone..

No comments: